Thursday, October 02, 2008

The right kind of immigration raids

"We are trying to get the worst of the worst off the streets," said Steven Lovett, assistant special agent in charge for ICE in Los Angeles. ~ Los Angeles Times If saw the post of me giving me an I.C.E. bus the bird, your probably thinking I'm contradicting myself and I'm full of crap.You would be right but not today. When I.C.E. does its job right and actually deports the people that need to be deported, I have nothing but support for them. I'n this story from the L.A. Times, more than 1,700 known gang members and affiliates were arrested in a four month period. Talk about actually doing your job write.  
"We've inflicted significant damage on various violent street gangs in every part of the country, from Wichita to Sheboygan," said Julie L. Myers, assistant secretary of Homeland Security for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. "And that has made our communities immeasurably safer."

However, there can be no good without anything evil happening somewhere else, it's the law of equivalent exchange. Dream Act Texas posted that in Alabama, a court ruled against undocumented students having the ability to attend a university or college. The Associated Press reported,"The state board of education passed a new policy denying illegal immigrants admission to Alabama's two-year colleges on Thursday despite one board member's calls to delay it for more discussion and four of the nine members being absent. The policy, which takes effect next spring, was passed on a 4-0 vote, with Ethel Hall of Fairfield abstaining."
See when things like that happen, then I start flipping people and buses off.