Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Because I'm a dumb ass dip shit

That is a picture of my ankle after today. Gross right ? Yeah I have ugly feet whatever, point it's swollen because I twisted it pretty good today. How so you ask ? When I was getting of the bus, I jumped off like an idiot goat and some how landed wrong. But since I'm already at it, let me tell you about my day.

Today was a very good day. I went to sleep late because I over ate too much. Woke up early to go help pick up the news paper I'm associate editor for at the press. This is the best issue yet and it's very meaty.

Did that, had lunch then met up with some politicos at school who are working for a guy running for the senate chair left open by Hilda Solis since she's Obama now. Gave them a quick tour of the school, which is still
under heavy construction and what I call growing pains. They kinda helped me distribute papers at school and they want me to help in the recruitment of interns, but I gave them an " I dunno."

I paid for a class that I added so I can be full time and get a 6-month MTA bus pass for $15. How awesome is that. Now I won't be paying $36 a month for a buss pass. Thank you school. Went back to the place I live & I got a call from my friend saying she was going shopping and wanted directions. I told her i'd go with her instead and off we went.

We met up & made our way into Downtown. That's where it all went to shit. At our stop I jumped of the bus and bam bigidy bam!!! I hear a loud crunching noise and I'm on the floor. I twisted my ankle :-( I man up and go shopping with her, but the whole time I knew my ankle was gonna be fucked up when I got off my feet.

My friend shopped around for clothes and lingerai for her. It was whatever to me. Most of the time we just talked and made fun of things we saw. While we're walking, a paletero comes up behing me ringing his bells. I move thinking I'll get outta his way, but the old cook just tramples over my busted ankle like it was a road block in his way. He even has the nerve to call me crazy for being on his way.

We headed back and called it a day. I got an ice pack and put it on my ankle as I checked emails, wrote a post somewhere else,www.citizenorange.com, and reveled in amazement as to how swollen my ankle got. This isn't the first time that's happened, ohh no. I almost broke my right ankle riding a dirt bike.

I tried to do a jump everyone else was doing and i'd figured why not me. Well I did it, the bike went from under me and I heard that familiar, "krinkle/crunch" that comes with ankle sprains. I now have a calcium deposit on that ankle. Took me two weeks to get back up to shape. I even went to school on crutches hahah.

But yeah. I gotta go to work this weekend, The Golden Dragon Parade in china town for chinese new year, it's the year of the ox, and to something thing for the magazine on Sunday. I'm gonna me limping around the next few days struggling to survive, like some old man who gets hurts. Damn I'm a stupid idiot sometimes. Jumping of the bus, what was I thinking!!!! Seriously!!

3 comments:

Silence Breaker said...

Haha. Hmm, very interesting day. I don't blame you for jumping off the bus...that sounds like something I would do because it takes less energy to just let your body go than to go down slowly since the steps are at least a foot away from the ground. My ankle once got that swollen in middle school. I was in P.E. and playing basketball. I jumped to shoot, but I jumped wrong and fell to the ground. By night time, it was very swollen.

Somfolnalco said...

HAH "like an idiot goat" aha totally made me spill my soda!

Hope you heal fast and well.

Lu said...

Ouch! Tiger balm and ointments with arnica seem to work well for these things, hope it feels better soon.