Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Gut Check

I forget sometimes how full of shit I am because honestly, we all need a reality check every now and then. Once someone starts acting like they're the king of the world, ohhh you bet I'm gonna say something. Shuu ain't no one I would call a friend be walking around like he's the king/queen of England. At the same time I do what I can in keeping myself in check and not letting things get outta hand because that's when it all starts going to hell. I've caught myself doing that a few times and I don't like it. Not just because of the tensions it causes with others, but because I like humbling myself and planting my feet firmly on the ground. 

At the same time though, there's a certain level of acceptable bullshit that I allow myself because it pushes me and keeps me going in terms of being productive. Finding the balance between humbleness and being proud of your work is tricky, but not impossible. I know I have skills, but I don't let it get to me because I know I still room to greatly improve and be much better. It's all about takin' it to the next level. So with that being said, getting a gut check every now and then helps out a lot.