Wednesday, April 01, 2009

AB 540 Informational Pamphlet




















I found something amazing at my school, a pamphlet explaining what AB 540 is. How sweet is this ? I'm still working on finding out how this came about, but word around the grape vine is that this was made to help clear things up when students are enrolling or asking for help when talking staff in the admissions office. Not all of them are up to speed with what AB 540 and sometimes end up confusing students who came to them confused to begin with. There are also some counselors who aren't familiar with it either and again, the wrong information is given out. As far as I know, ELAC is the only college taking HUGE steps in going out of it's way in trying to educate students about what being AB 540 means and what options we have as students. I just hope others follow suit and we can spread the word. I'm still surprised by how many still don't know about it and how it can help them. I feel like a preacher when I talk about it to others. Like I just helped them find hope you know. 

Sorry for the fuzzyness. I don't exactly have steady hands.