Monday, April 04, 2011

Sojourn

And thus I find myself coming full circle. In March of 2007 I made the
choice to move to L.A. from Utah. I slepped in a borrowed sleeping on
friends floors for 2 1/2 years. I went to work and school and
basically returned to the house when I was tired. I hated that time
because even though I had no home to call my own, except the floor in
my friends room, I started on the path that I'm currently on.

It's been 5 years to the day and here I am again, refamiliarizing
myself with that same sleeping bag at another friends house. Funny
thing is that as much as somethings stay the same, others have grown
phenomenaly. Part of me wanted to move back to Utah with my mom and
sister. It meant not having responcibilities anymore, of any kind to
anyone or group.

Another part of me wanted to drink anti-freeze because jumping off of
something or throwing myself in front of a bus, while highly dramatic
and attention grabbing, would be way too painful and I could very well
end up alive and horribly hurt. God forbid I cost tax payers money if
I'm taken to a hospital.

But a bigger part of me reach out to the numerous close friends I have
and told them what's going on. They all opened their homes, lives and
kitchens with me. For some reason beyond my comprehension they like me
and wanna help me. This time around, I found that I'm never alone and
that things will work out for the best. I owe others too much to give
up or fail. Soone step at at time I'll continue to try and make a
dollar outta 15 cents

~ con safos ~