Wednesday, November 16, 2011

100 Percent Increase in Efficiency

While it may seem trivial and nothing extra ordinary to most folks, to me, this is one of the BEST things to happen this year. I finally have a lap top of my own. It's not borrowed, a hand down, gift or anything. I bought it fair and square and I worked my ass to earn it over the summer I tell you what.

For years this has been my ball and chain. I've done everything from using computers at the library, school and friends houses to get things done, that now that I have one of my own, to do what ever I please with, it's a breath of fresh air to say the least.

Sigh :) It's been a long time coming and I still can really come to grips with the fact that I am finally a lap top owner. I've been customizing and changing settings the last two days. Getting programs I want, putting stickers here and there and enjoying the benefits of having a stable digital life now. Truly, just on twitter alone I've increased my presence three fold, which may or may not be a good thing, but what'eves. There's sooooooo many projects that I've put on hold or forgotten about because of my lack of access to technology, but now I have no excuse not to do any of the kind of work that I was able to produce back when I had a computer at school in the newsroom.

At the same time, I've grown so much that now that this ball and chain has been removed, I'll be able to run that much faster than i was before. I get excited just thinking about it. That also means that I'll be posting on here way more regularly than before, when I would just do it once in a full moon. There's so much going that now I'll be better able to share it with folks. Exciting times indeed.

C/S