Monday, December 26, 2011

On Having Kids

God damn they're annoying sometimes. Running around screaming and jumping all over the place. Spilling and knocking over things everywhere they go. Sometimes I don't know if I should throw a shoe at them or at their parents for not doing anything about it and for giving them soda and candy.

Gah, but as of late, I've been having babies on my mind. If you would have asked me that a few months ago, I would have told you that the only babies on my mind are baby turtles. They're ever so cute. And as more and more folks are having them around me, those questions come to mind.

Of course I'm not having any kids ANYTIME SOON. The world is to messed up for that. Yet, all these feelings of longing and caring keep coming up. And then I start thinking on how I'm not getting older and societal and cultural norms are implying all the notion of having a kid, house, wife and a dog because that's what's measured as "success" or "being happy." But I know that's bull shit and totally ignore it, but the heart wants what it wants.

That's when reality sets in and things become real, like real, real. As in, I still live at my aunts house, sleep on the floor, have no job, haven't finished school and in no way shape or form am ready to be in-charge of another human beings life. I think I'll continue to live vicariously through others and family until I am ready, because even when you think you're ready, you're really not. Needless to say, getting a dog will suffice.

C/S