Friday, March 23, 2012

Trailer for 'Limbo': Video Doc I'm in



For three months last year, I was walking around with a pretty fancy camera that would merit me getting jacked for, but never did, which I find to be amazing considering where I live and the places I frequent. Point is, I was part of a video project, along with two others, that was basically to documentent my everyday day life as someone who is undocumented. Said footage would get put together into a 20 min documentary and my dream of having a movie about my life is that much closer to becoming a reality. Psych, if I ever make a movie about my life, you can be sure a Will Farell like actor would be playing me. Although, I have gotten compared to being a Mexican Jack Black ala Nacho Libre.

Anyway, check out the trailer at the top and be on the lookout for the full-fledged doc coming out sometime in June. The sweetest part of this deal, besides video tapping my life for 3 months and getting some cash on the side for it, is that I might get to go to New York for the premiere of the doc. That would be the bestest thing to happen to me if I go to go to New York with the homie Nancy Table. Needless to say that I won't like the doc %100 percent because even though the footage is coming from 3 undoc individuals, it's still being filtered by someone else who is dramatizing things. And while I would put my money where my mouth is and make my own doc, I don't have time for that mess man. I'll stick to writing on here instead.