Monday, June 11, 2012

Limbo: New film that has me in it



Remember last year when I mentioned that I hooked up with some guys making a movie that involved me filming my everyday life ala Mr. Brainwash? Well the film is finally online and waiting for you to see it. Here's the info: 'After winning the 25k Grant from the Vimeo Awards, Director Eliot Rausch partnered with Producer Mark Schwartz and the Dreamers of Los Angeles to create LIMBO. This 19 minute film exposes the lives of 3 undocumented students, living in the US without legal status. Never having touched a camera, the 3 students were gifted with a small handycam and trained for half a day by Lukas Korver and Matt B. Taylor. They were asked to film everyday for 3 months. Through their lens, this is their story.' Check out the video of Eliot talking about his work and the project.


The film went live today and now vimeo, the director and everyone involved in it are putting it out there so folks can see it. Of course, I'm posting it everywhere and emailing folks to not only check out the vid, but to share it as well. For now, ya'll can do the same. I was planning on sharing what I thought about the whole process now that it's come full circle, but I'm gonna sleep on it for a bit and come back to it.

C/S