Friday, November 16, 2012

Video from my participation on the Huffpost Live



So earlier this week, I was on the Huffington Post Live talking about a new program that the city of Los Angeles wants to start, which is to give folks a city issued ID that will allow them access to specific services, much like a library card, but is being marketed toward folks who are undocumented immigrants. I think the ID's are complete bullshit, but I say that with the privilege of having a bank account, being bilingual and knowing how to navigate these financial systems.

Other folks, for numerous reasons that aren't valid or to be dismissed, don't have access to these kind of resources. Anyway, I was part of a panel on the Huffpost talking about the ID's and what they mean in the larger conversation of cities being more immigrant friendly by offering services like these. I totally ended up dominating the conversation and I inadvertently checked the two other folks in the panel. Watch the video and you'll see what I mean.