Monday, February 25, 2013

Criminalizing Reform



I love going on the Huffpost Live. They hit me up for the most random conversations at all hours, which I don't really mind because I can always work around them since I'm on west coast time. And I will say that it's usually a cute girl from their offices trying to get me to be on the panel.

Anyway, I participated in a conversation about what immigration reform will mean for the border to prison pipeline that currently incarcerates thousands of immigrants for extended periods of time for civil infractions. Folks are held in for profit detention centers that make more money the more folks the house. It's something I've talked about in the past and is getting more and more attention as immigration reform is at the fore front right now in congress.